Contact us before you dig
For emergency requests call:
Call the emergency requests line immediately, if any of the following has occurred
All Ontario locate requests are required to go through On1Call.com, or by calling (1-800-400-2255) as per Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services as at June 19, 2013.
- We require minimum 2-5 business days notice to process locate requests.
- You are required to schedule locate markings every 10 business days during your dig.
- Remember to give the Shaw locate ticket number to the locator when they mark the dig site.
Planning a dig?
Before you start to dig, you need to submit a plan to Shaw and other utility providers.
Call 1-866-DIGSHAW immediately, if any of the following has occured:
- If excavation is underway and a line gets hit
- If you see or smell a natural gas leak
- If there is a water main break
- After a locate has been marked and an unknown cable is found
- Other utility company emergencies